Vwp model training
Modeling Training for VWP Permit Writers
The following outline presents information used in a sequence of 1-day courses to help to equip regional and Central Office permit writers to utilize the web-based modeling system WOOOMM in developing basic permit projects and exploring the implications of various permitting rules. The goal is to enable permit writers to assist in the setup of models (via a modeling wizard), and to explore the implication of various suggested and requested flow-by schemas. The first training modules were completed in 2011, with approximately 10 staff members completing training.
- Intro to Water Supply Concepts and Modeling
- Intro to Making and Reviewing Water Supply Demand Projections
- The VWP Water Withdrawal Modeling Tool
- Tutorial: Modeling an on-stream reservoir
- Permit Structure & Analysis Examples: